While there are many important parts of throwing a dinner party, the music you play is an essential key point that cannot be overlooked. It can be a major talking point of the party which can be either good or bad depending on how jamming your playlist. To ensure everyone is pulling out the Shazam at your next get together, below is a list of several crucially good dinner party playlists for any dinner party occasion.
This post is going to provide you with the best dinner party playlist amongst friends.
This first playlist is for the cool crew wine and cheese get together.
This is the playlist for your group of friends that are not easily impressed but know a lot of cheese, wine, and music and they will let you know…in the most casual of ways. The group of friends that are trendy but still managing to be hipsters somehow will not deny the quality of this playlist.
Wine and Cheese Vibes
- Nadja Unknown Mortal Orchestra
- You’re A Girl For One Man Only Brandee Younger
- Why 1.3 Flume
- Five Years Easy Star All Stars & Steel Pulse
- That Easy Yellow Days
- Watering The Garden Brad Stank
- Windows Sugar Candy Mountain
- Brake infinite bisous
- Blush Mr. Twin Sister
- Over U Stwo
- World On Fire Louis The Child (ft. Ashe)
- Pick Up DJ Koze
- I’m Your Man Spiritualized
- Lonely Alone Chelsea Cutler (ft. Jeremy Zucker)
- Love All Night Jeremih
- Butterscotch Robotaki (ft. Jamie Fine & Falcxne)
- Forever Ekali & Medasin (ft. Elohim)
- Call Me Up Homeshake
- Visions Loving
- Relaxed Lizard Soft Hair
Up next this the best of dinner party playlists it is for a more formal or upscale sit-down dinner.
When you have taken the time to make a meal that will impress all your dinner companions you need a playlist just as impressive and sophisticated. The playlist below is going to be the one you want to play in the background while you gather around your beautifully set dinner table. This playlist may not be the conversation starter, but it will complement the amazing food and wine without distraction.
Invite Only Dinner Party
- Due Vite Marco Mengoni
- So What Miles Davis
- My Shining Hour John Coltrane
- Decision Sonny Rollins
- Yama Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers
- Opus De Funk Horace Silver
- Who’s Sorry Now Connie Francis
- Old Cape Cod Patti Page
- Music Is Better Than Words Dolores Gray
- An Occasional Man Ethel Ennis
- Lady Luck Elvin Jones
- The Great Pretender The Platters
- Mama Said The Shirelles
- I Know You Better The Marvelettes
- Let’s Stay Together William Bolton
- Us Regina Spektor
- A Sunday Kind of Love Etta Jones
- Zu Zu The Bonnevilles
- You Can Come Over Shannon & The Clams
- Treehouse Fin
To cover all the rest of the party occasions, this next playlist is for any causal get together involving food and having fun.
We have the hipsters covered and the sophisticated friends entertained, now it’s time to get the party started. Blast this next playlist at all the backyard BBQs, super bowl parties, or any food gathering to get the energy bumping. This playlist is literally all about energy and having a good time so if that’s what you’re looking for at your party go ahead and hit shuffle on this one.
Turn That Grill Up
- Three Second Memory GoldFish
- Hyperreal Flume (ft. Kucka)
- JOHNNY BROCKHAMPTON
- The Rhythm Don Diablo
- Wreak Havoc Skylar Grey
- The Business Tiesto
- Holy Grail Jay-Z (ft. Justin Timberlake)
- 16 Shots Stefflon Don
- Come Inside Lou Phelps & KAYTRANADA (ft. Jazz Cartier)
- RITMO Black Eyed Peas & J Balvin
- A Little Party Never Killed Nobody Fergie, Q-Tip & GoonRock
- Run For Your Life K.Flay
- Could I Be Sylvan Esso
- Patiently Waiting 50 Cent (ft. Eminem)
- Get it Poppin’ Fat Joe (ft. Nelly)
- Purple Lamborghini Skrillex & Rick Ross
- The Hardest Button to Button The White Stripes
- Fadeway Knox Brown
- Rich Girl Mood Dounia & Kehlani
- Scenario (LP Mix) A Tribe Called Quest
Now you have one less thing to worry about when planning your next dinner party, the music is covered. Play any of these three playlists and you’re going to have happy guests, if the food is as good as the music that is.